One of Portland's largest independent service companies that offers unique fleet solutions, services and products has an excellent opportunity for a Fleet Mechanic to join their dynamic team.
This is a direct-hire opportunity for a local Portland company that is hiring through Selectemp Employment Services. This is NOT a temporary position.
The Mechanics Division has certified technicians that perform brake repairs, DOT inspections, engine repairs, and any other mechanical issue. In addition to the on-site shop, there are five mobile units to help meet customers’ needs.
Responsibilities for Fleet Mechanic include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Diagnose and repair equipment failures both on- and off-site.
- Perform D.O.T. safety inspections and vehicle lubrications.
- Inspect and repair vehicle brake systems, steering mechanisms, transmissions, clutches, wheel bearings, and other automotive and mechanical systems.
- Diagnose and repair vehicle and trailer electrical systems.
- Perform basic fabrication including MIG welding.
- Position is mostly onsite, but occasionally you travel in a service truck for roadside service and preventative maintenance. Travel using fully equipped mobile service truck.
Skills and Qualifications for Fleet Mechanic:
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record for the past year.
- Automotive mechanical repair work and experience with diesel tractors and trailers required.
- MIG welding experience preferred.
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Experience with lift gate systems strongly preferred.
- Familiarity and/or certification for refrigeration a plus.
- Must have own tools.
- At least 3 years of experience
- Able to diagnose straightforward mechanical issues
- Ability to work with minimal assistance
- Well-rounded mechanical experience strongly preferred
Job Details for Fleet Mechanic:
- 9:00am - 5:30pm (may vary with customer needs)
- $26 - $30/hr
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Short term disability
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- And more…
We are operating our business in accordance with ALL State and CDC guidelines to ensure the safety of all employees and customers that enter.
At PSC, we’re about working hard and having fun doing it! If you’re interested in joining our team, send your resume to our human resource department at email@example.com.
Join Our Team
We would love to hear from you!
Pacific Service Center
4030 NE Buffalo Street
Portland, Oregon 97211