One of Portland's largest independent service companies that offers unique fleet solutions, services and products has an excellent opportunity for a Fleet Mechanic to join their dynamic team.
This is a direct-hire opportunity for a local Portland company that is hiring through Selectemp Employment Services. This is NOT a temporary position.
The Mechanics Division has certified technicians that perform brake repairs, DOT inspections, engine repairs, and any other mechanical issue. In addition to the on-site shop, there are five mobile units to help meet customers’ needs.
Responsibilities for Fleet Mechanic include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Diagnose and repair equipment failures both on- and off-site.
- Perform D.O.T. safety inspections and vehicle lubrications.
- Inspect and repair vehicle brake systems, steering mechanisms, transmissions, clutches, wheel bearings, and other automotive and mechanical systems.
- Diagnose and repair vehicle and trailer electrical systems.
- Perform basic fabrication including MIG welding.
- Position is mostly onsite, but occasionally you travel in a service truck for roadside service and preventative maintenance. Travel using fully equipped mobile service truck.
Skills and Qualifications for Fleet Mechanic:
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record for the past year.
- Automotive mechanical repair work and experience with diesel tractors and trailers required.
- MIG welding experience preferred.
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Experience with lift gate systems strongly preferred.
- Familiarity and/or certification for refrigeration a plus.
- Must have own tools.
- At least 3 years of experience
- Able to diagnose straightforward mechanical issues
- Ability to work with minimal assistance
- Well-rounded mechanical experience strongly preferred
Job Details for Fleet Mechanic:
- 9:00am - 5:30pm (may vary with customer needs)
- $26 - $30/hr
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Short term disability
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- And more…
We are operating our business in accordance with ALL State and CDC guidelines to ensure the safety of all employees and customers that enter.